If you’re a dog lover, you know they’re pretty much the best. From providing comfort in times of major tragedy, to being awesome with kids to just being our everyday constant companion, it truly seems like dogs can do no wrong.
In that spirit, #IfItWerentForDogs began trending on Twitter this week. People used the hashtag to extol the virtues of dogs and all the ways our lives would be much worse without canine companions.
Some messages were funny, some were heartwarming and some were just plain true. But they all had one thing in common: proving just how awesome (and life-changing dogs) really are. Check out these 25 tweets that totally nail all the ways dogs make life just a little bit sweeter.
1. Dogs Literally Save Lives
2. And They Serve Our Nation
— Josh Jordan (@NumbersMuncher) October 18, 2017
3. Without Dogs, Timmy Would Still Be In A Well
— Mister Race Bannon (@MrRaceBannon) October 18, 2017
4. A World Without Dogs Would Be A World Full Of Tears
— ⱠØⱠ₳ 🐝 (@_lola_bee) October 18, 2017
5. Who Would We Cuddle With?
6. Going Home Would Be So Very Dull
7. Dogs > People
8. Many Families Would Not Be Complete
9. What Would We Do With All That Extra Personal Space?
10. Living With A Disability Would Be Even More Challenging
#ifitwerentfordogs blind people wouldn't have anyone to guide them.
— Trenton (@matterdog1) October 19, 2017
11. We’d Probably Say Many More Things We Regret
— Greg Asdourian (@GregAsdourian) October 19, 2017
12. Our Floors Would Be A Mess
— Erika Dee (@kika_dee_) October 19, 2017
13. Our Diets Would Be Doomed
13. Loss Would Hurt Even More
14. We Would Be Less Safe
#IfItWerentForDogs I wouldn't be alive right now, my old pup Yogi was the 1st to notice my ex getting violent and I was out b4 it got worse
— Witchy Daddy 🖤🌿 He/They 🌿🖤 (@jm_steger) October 19, 2017
15. Life Would Be So Boring
— Stone | Dean LLP (@stonedeanlaw) October 19, 2017
16. Did We Mention We’d Be Less Safe?
— Mickey Stithem (@SpectralFireZ) October 19, 2017
17. And We’d Be Lonelier
— ONE20 (@my_one20) October 19, 2017
18. We’d Definitely Be More Out Of Shape
— Winterline GSP (@WinterlineGSP) October 19, 2017
19. Work Would Be The Pits Without Dogs
— Gossip Genie (@GossipGenie) October 19, 2017
20. We’d Be Soooo Much Less Chill Without Dogs
— Conrad (@conraddavis) October 19, 2017
21. Social Media Would Be A Total Waste Of Time
— Alyssa Hans (@HansAlyssa) October 19, 2017
22. We’d Still Be Searching For Answers To Life’s Age-Old Questions
— Kℯℓsℯy Faybik (@kfaybik) October 19, 2017
23. Judgment Would Abound
24. We’d Be So Darn Serious
25. Honestly, What Would Be The Point?
— Michelle Edwards (@Miss_Chelle85) October 19, 2017
What do you think life would be like if it weren’t for dogs?