Absolutely Amazing Cucumber-Melon White Sangria Recipe
About every few months, (when my husband travels for work) I host a girls’ night at our home. Each time, I try to craft a fun new cocktail for guests to sip on while we chat in our yoga pants. Recently, I stumbled across this recipe at a Bridal Shower and it’s absolutely delicious.
I’m not a fan of red sangria (in my opinion, it’s always too sweet), so I was a bit leery when I made my first batch of this. But after one sip I was hooked – and so were my friends – 15 ladies went through three batches that night.
Ready to delight your guests’ tastebuds at the next party? Be sure to give this light, crisp and refreshing cocktail a try:
- 1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc (or other dry white wine)
- 1/2 cup white tequila
- 1/2 cup St. Germaine
- 1 liter of Sprite (healthier substitution: carbonated water)
- 1/2 small Honeydew melon, cubed (I used a melon ball scoop, it makes for a visually appealing presentation)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 lime, sliced thin
- Chill wine, tequila, St. Germaine and Sprite beforehand.
- Squeeze the quartered lime into your beverage container, then toss remnants.
- Add all other ingredients into your container
- Add lots of ice, gently stir and enjoy!
- When refilling, simply add more alcohol and Sprite, no need to add more fruit (unless you’re eating it.)
- Mix ingredients about 30 minutes before your guests arrive to allow for the juices to mix and mingle.
- Want some color? Halve a handful of strawberries and drop in for some flare.