Appetizer Recipe: Delicious Mini Taco Cups
We love tacos!
If you’re like me, you love tacos. Actually, any type of Mexican cuisine is right up my alley. I modified my go-to taco recipe to become the perfect two-bite appetizer – mini taco cups!
Below are the detailed instructions and our how-to video.
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can (10 oz) tomatoes & green chilis
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 1 package large soft shell tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut out 18 mini taco shells using a 3-4 inch diameter round tupperware container (or cookie cutter) as a template.
- Stuff mini taco shells into muffin tins to form a mini taco bowl and bake in oven for 5-7 minutes, until crispy.
- Brown ground beef on the stove, drain when fully cooked.
- Add taco seasoning mix (according to package instructions), simmer 3 minutes.
- Add can of tomatoes and chilis to ground beef mixture, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon taco mix into mini taco bowls.
- Garnish with green onion and shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven until cheese has melted (about 10 minutes).
Makes about 18 taco cups.