Appetizer Recipe: How To Make A Giant Pretzel
Our friends over at POPSUGAR Food show us how to make a delicious, giant pretzel. Watch the video for the full instructions. We’ve put the ingredients and directions below as well. Enjoy!
- 4 cans pizza crust
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper (not wax paper – they’re not the same!) & spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Flour your work surface & unwrap the 4 cans of pizza crust.
- Stack the dough on top of each other and roll into a log.
- Seal the edges by pressing the ends.
- Stretch the log until it’s about 6 feet long.
- Twist the log into the shape of a pretzel.
- Baste your pretzel with your water/baking soda mixture (this give you the crunchy top).
- Let your pretzel rise for 10 minutes.
- Baste the pretzel with a beaten egg (makes it golden brown).
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown & the pretzel is baked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces!