14 Cleaning Uses For Baking Soda You May Not Know About
To say baking soda is versatile is an understatement!
Baking soda has many many uses aside from sitting in the fridge—who knew?
Clean My Space shares 10 great cleaning uses for baking soda around the home. I’ve listed them below, but be sure to watch the video for a full explanation of each one.
- Scrub away scuff marks on your wall with a baking soda paste
- Use as an underarm deodorant – simply pat on and you’re good to go
- Clean and unclog stinky sinks (hot vinegar and 1 quart of water is needed too)
- Clean your grout using a basking soda paste
- Add abrasion to any cleaning solution with baking soda
- Deodorize your kitty litter by sprinkling it in the box
- Use it with vinegar to clean your non-cleaning oven
- Wash buildup and gunk out of your hair
- Sprinkle on your carpets and vacuum up 30 minutes later to deodorize them
- Boost your laundry detergent to brighten & make clothes smell fresh
Bonus Baking Soda Tips
- Add 1/2 tsp to your face wash or body wash to make them an exfoliating scrub
- Remove armpit stains by making a paste out of baking soda and water. Let sit for 1 hour, then wash as usual
- Wash fruits & vegetables in a large bowl with 2 tbsp baking soda to help remove dirt, wax and pesticides
- Use a baking soda paste to remove red sauce stains from plastic tupperware