The Best Way To Clean A Microwave (With All Natural Products)
Even if you religiously put a paper towel or cling wrap over items when you microwave them, you microwave still manages to get dirty. Of maybe you were lazy and …oops…made a mess.
Cleaning a microwave is a relatively easy thing. Except when the gunk inside is gummy or cooked onto the surface (tomato sauce and eggs are the worst).
I personally hate to use chemicals to clean the inside of my microwave – I believe the chemicals then get infused into my food.
So I asked some friends how they clean their handy appliance. A few friends shared this helpful method. I tried it. And it definitely works! The best part – it uses all-natural cleaning agents.
- Microwave safe bowl
- Vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- Sponge, paper towels or cloth
- 1 lemon, halved
- Fill a microwave safe bowl with 1-2 cups of water
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar
- Squeeze in a lemon, drop 1/2 of lemon into the bowl
- Place the bowl in the mivrowave
- Turn on microwave for 5 minutes
- Once complete, let sit for 2 minutes (to let steam loosen grime)
- Remove turntable, wipe clean
- Wipe inside of microwave clean with sponge, paper towel or cloth
Here’s our simple how-to video:
Pin it for later: