Brekky Bombs Are A Great New Breakfast Dish
It's your whole breakfast, rolled into one!
Are your breakfasts getting boring or do you just want to try something totally different? Well this is it–my spin on a classic scotch egg!
A nice runny egg encased in breakfast sausage, breaded in potato chips! I know I just described heaven and it’s got everything you need for a great breakfast in one bite!
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, out of casings
- 2 cups potato chips, crushed
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Oil for frying
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and carefully place eggs in; go slow to make sure eggs don’t crack! Lower temp to medium high to maintain gentle boil, and boil for 6 ½ minutes exactly! Using a slotted spoon pick up eggs and place in ice water to stop the cooking process immediately! Cool completely before continuing, approximately 5 min.
- Carefully peel eggs, making sure not to damage them.
- Flaten sausage meat into circles just big enough to thinly wrap around egg. Place in fridge to chill for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, set up breading station with eggs, flour and potato chips in separate bowls. Carefully (of course) place egg in flour, then egg, then potato chips.
- Heat oil to 350 in deep pot or deep frier. Place eggs in for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
- Breakfast is the most important meal! Enjoy!
Written by Michael Bednarz and originally published on Shared.