Cheap And Fun Craft: How To Make A Paper Plate Basket
These adorable baskets can be used to store treats, crafting supplies and more!
A few months ago, I held a bridal shower for one of my closest friends. As a party favor, we had some of the Bride to be’s favorite cookies. When scouring the internet for an affordable container to place them in, I found this fun, paper plate basket idea.
I tried them out and loved them! To customize them, I decorated the baskets with ribbons to match the bride’s wedding colors – and every single guest thought they were adorable.
If you have a party coming up, or want to entertain your kids with a fun (and useful) craft, try making these at home! Don’t forget to share your photos with us on our Facebook page.
- Paper plates
- Ribbons (optional)
- Using your ruler, measure and mark the middle of the paper plate on opposite sides.
- About one inch on either side of your center line, make two more vertical, parallel lines (4 total) that only extend the length of the ridges (to the inner circle of your plate).
- Take your scissors and cut those 4 lines, being careful not to cut into the middle circle of the plate. These cuts will make the folds and corners of the basket.
- Now, you will fold each piece into a basket. Watch the video for the how-to on this.
- Secure each corner with tape, decorate with ribbon and fill with anything you’d like!