I saw this adorable Christmas decoration while visiting a friend’s house last year during the holidays. And I thought to myself: “That craft looks so simple, I could make it! Heck, even my husband could do it!”
So this year, we’re making one, and you totally should, too! We found a similar craft at the Smart School House. Here are the materials needed, along with assembly instructions and a quick video in case you’re more of a visual learner. Enjoy—and Happy Holidays!
- 3 fishbowls (1 of each size – S/M/L)
- 1-2 bags of fake snow
- 1 sheet of black foam crafting paper
- Plaid ribbon to use around the snowman’s hat (about 12.5 inches in length)
- Snow village pieces, e.g., figurines, houses, xmas trees, animals, signs, sleds, etc.
- Flameless candle(s) – optional
- Glue gun
How To Make The Top Hat
- Trace and cut out two circles in the black craft foam. Ours were approximately 3 inches & 5 inches in diameter.
- Using the black foam craft paper, cut a rectangle approximately 2.5 inches x 12 inches.
- Roll the rectangle into a tube then hot glue the ends together.
- Glue circles to each end of the cylinder to make the top hat.
- Trim any excess foam paper from the “top” of the top hat.
- Cut and glue your plaid ribbon around the base of the hat.
How To Make The Snowman
- Dump ½-1 inch of snow into the bottom of each bowl.
- Arrange your figurines (and flameless candles, if you bought them) in each bowl to create a cute winter scene.
- Stack the fish bowls from largest to smallest.
- Place the hat on top and you’re finished!
If you’d like to get inspired with more adorable Holiday crafts, pop on over to our friends at Smart School House. Kelly has such fun, clever (and easy!) craft ideas. Here’s some of our favorites: