When it comes to breakfast, some decisions are pretty easy. Obviously, pancakes covered in syrup beat out a bowl of cereal but, sometimes, we’re faced with a more difficult decision to start the day — like the choice of a steaming hot waffle or a delicious cinnamon roll.
Luckily, Pillsbury understands the decision is basically impossible, so they’ve come up with a solution — cinnamon roll waffles with cream cheese glaze. If you can think of a better-sounding breakfast, go ahead, but I’m pretty sure this will win.
Not only does the recipe take just 25 minutes to make, but it only has four ingredients, most of which you likely already have: powdered milk, sugar, vanilla — and, of course, a can of Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing. Oh, and a waffle maker if you don’t have one.
Take a look at the full recipe below (and get ready to drool):
- 1 can (17.5 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing (5 rolls)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray; heat waffle maker. Separate dough into 5 rolls; set icing aside.
- For each waffle, place 1 roll in center of waffle maker; close lid of waffle maker. Bake 3 to 4 minutes or until waffle is thoroughly cooked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together reserved icing, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until glaze is smooth.
- Serve glaze over hot waffles.
If you really love cinnamon rolls, you’ll be happy to know that waffles aren’t the only creation you can make with cinnamon roll dough. Of course, they’re amazing all on their own, but you can use them to make a variety of other treats, too, like doughnuts, monkey bread or even an ice cream bowl.
You could also follow this recipe from Oh, Bite It, which will have you wrap the dough in bacon, fry it, dust it with cinnamon sugar and glaze it with maple syrup frosting.
Will you be making cinnamon roll waffles for your next breakfast?