Crispy Chocolate Ice Cream Mud Pie Takes The Classic Freezer Pie To A New Level
Who loves chocolate? 🙋♀️🙋♂️🙋♀️
Hershey’s crispy chocolate ice cream mud pie brings together amazing flavors and tempting textures to make a singularly sensational snack. We love desserts that play with different textures like creamy and crispy at the same time, and this pie has it all.
The ingredient list couldn’t be simpler to pull together:
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Special dark chocolate chips or Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups of crispy rice cereal
- 4 cups (1 quart) of vanilla ice cream, divided
- 4 cups (1 quart) of chocolate ice cream, divided
- Extra Hershey’s chocolate syrup (optional)
Making this pie takes a few steps, but they aren’t too difficult, and the result is absolutely worth it:
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate with butter.
- Place 1/2 cup chocolate syrup and the chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium, or at 50%, for 45 seconds or until hot, then stir until smooth.
- Reserve 1/4 cup chocolate syrup mixture; set aside. Add cereal to remaining chocolate syrup mixture, stirring until well coated, then cool slightly.
- Using the back of a spoon, press the chocolate-and-cereal mixture evenly on bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie plate to form the crust. Place this in the freezer 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is firm.
- Spread half of vanilla ice cream into crust; spoon reserved 1/4 cup chocolate syrup mixture over layer.
- Spread half of chocolate ice cream over the sauce.
- Top with alternating scoops of vanilla and chocolate ice cream.
- Cover and return to freezer until serving time. Drizzle with additional syrup just before serving.
The recipe says the pie serves eight people. We think you’ll have to exercise some self-control to resist slicing up bigger slices, though!