6-8 Lasagna noodles, cooked al-dente
1 ¼ cup spinach, chopped
Salt & pepper (optional)
1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
For The Meat Sauce*
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large jar pasta sauce
*Chef’s Note: the meat sauce portion is a double recipe. I do this because ground meat is most often sold in 1 lb. increments. I simply freeze the other half and use at a later date. I will either make additional roll-ups or use the sauce as a savory meat sauce for regular pasta. This is just a little way I save time and effort in the kitchen without sacrificing on quality.
For The Cheese Mixture
- 10 oz. ricotta cheese
- 10 oz. cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
Cooking And Assembly Instructions
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
Prep 1 (Meat Sauce)
- In a skillet cook beef, sausage and onion over medium-high heat, then drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat & allow to cool slightly.
Prep 2 (Noodles)
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles so they’re al-dente. Set aside.
Prep 3 (Cheese Mixture)
- In small bowl, mix ricotta, cottage cheese, italian seasoning & and egg.
Assembly Of Roll-Ups
- Spread about 2 tbsp. cheese mixture over each cooked lasagna noodle (keep 1 inch clean on one end, it will be less messy).
- Spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture over ricotta mixture on each.
- Sprinkle on parmesan cheese & spinach.
- Roll up firmly toward clean end.
Putting In Dish And Cooking
- Spray dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place roll-ups, seam side down in dish.
- Cover with 3/4 cup meat sauce.
- Generously sprinkle on mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil, bake 30-40 min until hot & bubbly.
- Remove foil & bake uncovered 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned.
4-Cheese Lasagna Roll-UpsDeliciously Easy 4-Cheese Lasagna Rollups. Get the full recipe here: http://bit.ly/1KekorD
Posted by Simplemost on Thursday, February 11, 2016