Macaroons are a small cookie with a big history. These crunchy treats can trace their history back to the 16th century, and this variety—made with coconut—is popular all over the world.
A little bit of sweet, condensed milk and vanilla means there’s something for everyone to like about this recipe. Just don’t get carried away and eat them all yourself!
- 1 can (14 ounces) of condensed milk, sweetened
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 5 1/2 cups of sweetened, flaked coconut
- In a bowl, mix the coconut, condensed milk and vanilla.
- Stir everything together until it’s well mixed.
- Use an ice cream scooper to pick up the coconut and place it on a baking tray, lined with wax paper and coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Once the macaroons are solid they’re ready to enjoy.
- If you plan on enjoying these cookies for more than a few days, keep them in an airtight container inside your refrigerator.
Written by Zachary and originally published on Shared.