Dessert Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes With Caramel Frosting
A friend at work introduced me to this simple (and delicious) recipe. All you need is a box of cake mix, a can of pureed pumpkin, and some all spice.
When I recently made these goodies at home, my hubby completely hoarded them for himself. Here are the simple steps to make these tasty treats:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp all spice
- 2 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 container caramel frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, eggs, pumpkin, and all spice. Mix well until uniform.
- Line muffin tins with muffin cups (I found out after making this batch, the foil cups work best).
- Spray muffin tins lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 way full with batter.
- Bake 19-23 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool completely.
- Ice each cupcake with caramel frosting.
- Store in an air tight container for up to one week.
Want to make them into a grab-and-go breakfast? Simply don’t put on the frosting and add 3/4 cup oats and 3 tbsp flaxseed to the batter for a more wholesome snack.