Disney Announces 2018 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search
This is a magical opportunity!
Have you always dreamed of working for Disney? Get ready, because you could land a spot on the coveted Disney Parks Moms Panel.
If you consider yourself a Disney vacation planning pro, you can apply to be on the 2018 panel beginning at noon EDT on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 until noon EDT on Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
Not a mom, but obsessed with all things Disney? No problem. Dads, grandparents and other grownups are invited to compete for a spot, as well. Here’s what you need to know.
Panel Duties and Perks
To be clear, this is an unpaid position. Panelists specialize in one category (such as Disneyland or Disney World). They help would-be vacationers plan their visits by giving detailed and Disney-fied answers to their specific questions.
Although they don’t earn a paycheck, panelists do score a trip to a Disney destination for themselves and up to three family members. Not a bad bonus, right?
Living Up to the Requirements
Do you have what it takes to try out? For starters, you must be 18 or older with a computer and internet access. The rest of the conditions are a bit more involved:
- If selected, you would be expected to answer 10-20 questions in writing every week.
- You must have visited either Disney World or Disneyland at least once in the last 12 months or taken a Disney Cruise Line or Disney Vacation Club vacation within the last 24 months.
- You’ll need to submit an autobiography, personal photo and/or video and provide your unique opinions and tips.
- You must be available to travel to Walt Disney World for a training session sometime between November 29 and December 3, 2017 (no family or friends on this trip).
These Are a No-Go
If you meet all of the requirements, double-check to ensure you don’t have any disqualifying characteristics. You cannot:
- be a current employee of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates;
- currently reside with a current employee of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates;
- be currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries
- be an immediate family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries
If you meet all of the qualifications, why not give it a go? With a little faith, trust and pixie dust, you might just make the cut.
We were not paid to write this story. The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.