Disney just shared the recipe for chocolate chip cookie fries so you can make them at home
Many of us have been sheltering in place for more than a month now, and if social media posts are any indication, we’re all still cooking and baking up a storm. Disney fans who have been missing the parks have been recreating their favorite Disney snacks and treats at home thanks to a new website, Disney Magic Moments, which has been sharing activities, resources, videos and — most importantly — recipes for delicious dishes like churro bites, Dole Whip and three-cheese grilled cheese.
If you didn’t think it could get any tastier than those three, get ready for the latest Disney recipe we’ve got for you: Cookie fries. Yep, you heard me: chocolate-chip cookie fries.
This sweet and snackable treat comes from Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, which is of course temporarily closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Luckily, this recipe makes it easy to whip up a batch of these plant-based cookie fries at home.
The vegan recipe makes 32 crunchy, biscotti-like sticks that are perfect for dipping in your favorite sweet sauce. At Beaches & Cream, they’re served with marshmallow cream, chocolate and strawberry dipping sauces, but you can dunk them in anything you have on hand at home — or just eat them on their own! Here’s how to make them.
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar and plant-based margarine in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8-by-8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry and marshmallow dipping sauces.
Cook’s Note: Plant-based egg substitutes vary by brand and may absorb different amounts of flour and sugar. If the dough is too sticky, add 1 additional tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until it resembles the texture of traditional cookie dough. Fold in chocolate chips, chill, and bake as directed.