Disney Just Shared The Recipe For Chocolate Chip Cookie Fries So You Can Make Them At Home
Yum! We are making these ASAP!
Many of us have been sheltering in place for more than a month now, and if social media posts are any indication, we’re all still cooking and baking up a storm. Disney fans who have been missing the parks have been recreating their favorite Disney snacks and treats at home thanks to a new website, Disney Magic Moments, which has been sharing activities, resources, videos and — most importantly — recipes for delicious dishes like churro bites, Dole Whip and three-cheese grilled cheese.
If you didn’t think it could get any tastier than those three, get ready for the latest Disney recipe we’ve got for you: Cookie fries. Yep, you heard me: chocolate-chip cookie fries.
This sweet and snackable treat comes from Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, which is of course temporarily closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Luckily, this recipe makes it easy to whip up a batch of these plant-based cookie fries at home.
The vegan recipe makes 32 crunchy, biscotti-like sticks that are perfect for dipping in your favorite sweet sauce. At Beaches & Cream, they’re served with marshmallow cream, chocolate and strawberry dipping sauces, but you can dunk them in anything you have on hand at home — or just eat them on their own! Here’s how to make them.
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar and plant-based margarine in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8-by-8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry and marshmallow dipping sauces.
Cook’s Note: Plant-based egg substitutes vary by brand and may absorb different amounts of flour and sugar. If the dough is too sticky, add 1 additional tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until it resembles the texture of traditional cookie dough. Fold in chocolate chips, chill, and bake as directed.