The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.
If you love Disney, chances are you’ve thrown — or at least wanted to throw — a Disney-themed party. Whether that means buying some plates from the party store with Mickey Mouse on them or going all out and having a full princess party with coordinated food and decorations, there’s really no way to go wrong.
There is, however, a way to do it seriously, seriously right. If you’re not sure how, party planning expert Amy Croushorn has just released a book that’s sure to give you loads of inspiration.
Titled “Entertaining with Disney: Exceptional Events From Mickey Mouse to Moana!,” the book includes complete instructions for 11 parties with easy-to-follow recipes, photography and crafts. In it, you’ll find everything you need to throw everything from a “Little Mermaid Bridal Shower Brunch” to a “Cinderella “Stroke of Midnight” New Year’s Eve Party.”
Croushorn shared some recipes and crafts with Simplemost to give you just a small taste of what’s inside the book. Take a look:
Mickey Mouse Centerpiece
What you need:
- Black spray paint
- Two 2-inch smooth Styrofoam balls
- One 4-inch smooth Styrofoam ball
- Minnie’s Bow Template
- White card stock
- Rectangular vase or container for flowers
- Tape (optional)
- Wooden skewer
- Flowers such as red roses, carnations, tulips, greenery
1. Spray-paint all of the Styrofoam balls black and let them dry.
2. Download the Minnie’s Bow Template from the online resources and print on white card stock. Cut out and attach to the side of your vase using glue or tape.
3. Once the Styrofoam balls have dried, glue the two smaller balls to the top of the large ball to create Mickey Mouse’s famous silhouette. Push a wooden skewer into the bottom of the large ball to create a pick that will stand up in your floral arrangement.
4. Arrange flowers in a vase and place your Mickey Mouse decorative pick in the center of the bouquet.
Mouse Ears Cupcakes
Yield: 12 Cupcakes
What you’ll need:
- 12 iced cupcakes, homemade or store-bought
- White card stock
- Mickey and Minnie Cupcake Toppers
- Red ribbon with white polka dots
- Hot glue gun
- Clear string
- Red cupcake liners
1. Download Mickey and Minnie Cupcake Toppers from the online resources and print the images out on white card stock.
2. Make Minnie Mouse bows for half of your cupcakes. Fold a 2-and-a-half-inch length of ribbon into a loop. Secure the ends of the loop with hot glue. Pinch the middle of the ribbon and tie with clear string to create the bow shape. Repeat until you have six bows.
3. Hot glue the paper toppers to the toothpicks. Hot glue bows to half of the ears to represent Minnie Mouse. Stick the toppers into iced cupcakes and enjoy!
Of course, the party planning tips Croushorn shares in her book can always be used as a starting point. Use her ideas to spice up your Disney Princess tea party or your “Toy Story 4” pancake breakfast.
As for the book, it’s available on Amazon for $26.99 or at Barnes & Noble for $29.99, where it includes a bonus party called “Belle’s Enchanted Book Club Meeting.”
Ready to make your parties even more magical?