Disney Just Released The Recipe For Its Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast So You Can Make It At Home
We know what we're having for breakfast tomorrow!
Is there any meal more unifying than brunch? It’s the perfect something-for-everyone affair: breakfast or lunch, sweet or savory, cocktails or coffee — anything goes, and frankly, we’re missing it. Sure, you can whip up eggs and pancakes at home, but the best brunch dishes are those over-the-top concoctions best left to the pros.
Until now. Disney has been dishing out recipe after recipe to keep us cooking at home and, just in time for Mother’s Day, they’ve shared a positively decadent brunch recipe to make at home: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast.
Here’s a picture of the dish, as created by Instagrammer @scottfamilytravels. Swipe right to see additional images of its preparation:
View this post on Instagram
DISNEY’s Paradise Pier PCH Grill French Toast!🍞🌸🌴 . Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast with Donald and his friends at the PCH Grill was a hit at home! . This French toast was super easy to make and the kids loved it! This is definitely not an everyday kind of breakfast, but was delicious for a special sweet treat while we are missing our Disney dining! . Swipe for the recipe from @disneyparksblog (I followed exactly as written and it turned out great!) . #disneyparksblog #disneyfood #disneyrecipes #disneydining #disneyfrenchtoast #paradisepier #disneymagicmoments
This dish comes from the menu at Disney’s PCH Grill at Disneyland’s Paradise Pier Hotel. Disney parks and resorts may be shuttered right now, but at least you can whip up a vacation-worthy breakfast in your own kitchen.
This one-dish recipe looks and sounds impressive but is actually so simple to make. Mix cubed challah bread, sliced bananas and chocolate chips in a bowl and drench with a mixture of eggs, peanut butter, chocolate milk, cinnamon and salt. Pour into a baking pan, pop it in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown, and finish with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and powdered sugar. Brunch is served!
Here’s the complete recipe, which you can also print.
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast
- 8 thick slices day-old challah bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 9-inch by 13-inch by 2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch slices, and add to bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Stir gently until bread cubes have absorbed egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
More Delicious Disney Recipes
This recipe is just one of many Disney has been sharing since we all started quarantine cooking to pass the time. Disney fans have been channeling their love for all things Disney theme parks by recreating iconic dishes like Dole Whip, churro Bites, grilled cheese, Monte Cristo sandwiches, cookie fries and, our favorite, Mickey beignets, which would be the perfect complement to your French toast brunch. Keep checking back for more Disney recipes to keep the magic alive at your house!
Do you have a favorite Disney dish you’re missing? Let us know!