How To Make Your Own Customizable Photo Coasters
These DIY coasters are surprisingly easy to make.
The holidays are upon us, and the gift shopping frenzy has begun. If you’re looking for an easy, customizable gift you can make rather than buy—look no further!
These DIY tile photo coasters would make the perfect customizable gift for friends and family this year.
Finding a quality gift for less can be quite the task. What I love about these tile coasters is that they look like a million bucks, but they will only cost you a few! Not to mention these coaster are super easy and fun to make. You’ll probably have to buy a few of the materials, but I bet you already have half of them at home!
You’ll need some tiles, a family photo, some Mod Podge, spray sealant and felt chair pads to bring these tile coasters to life! Ready to make them yourself? See the full list of materials and instructions below to create your own personalized tile photo coasters, then watch the video to see the step-by-step instructions in action.
- 4×4″ white tiles
- 4×4″ square pictures
- Mod Podge
- Foam brushes
- Felt chair pads
- Hot glue gun
- Spray sealant
Step 1: Cut the photos
- Cut photos so they’re approximately 1/4 smaller than the tile.
Step 2: Add Mod Podge
- Using the foam brush, lightly apply mod podge to the surface of the tile.
Step 3: Add and secure the photo
- Center the photo on the tile.
- Gently press down to stick.
- Lightly mod podge over photo using the foam brush. Lightly is the key here, using too much will cause the photo to pucker!
Step 4: Dry time
- Allow the tile to dry for about 20 minutes.
Step 5: Finishing touches
- Spray the top and sides with an acrylic finishing spray sealant to waterproof the tile. You don’t want a water ring to ruin your masterpiece!
- Flip over and use a hot-glue gun to glue on the four felt pads to the back of the tile, one felt pad in each corner.
Step 6: Wrap, gift and prepare to win the holidays!