DIY: Make Your Own Chalkboard Cheese Tray
Providing appetizers at a party is a great way to get conversations flowing and keep guests happy. A chalkboard cheese tray is a beautiful way to display snacks. Here’s a DIY video and step-by-step instructions on how to make one of your own!
Want the materials to complete this craft? Visit the Gild Collective site. Here you can purchase all the tools you’ll need to make this at home.
How To Make A Chalkboard Cheese Tray
- Apply a small dab of wood glue on the bottom side of one of the four cup legs.
- Repeat Step 1 with all four cup legs, then flip the tray right-side up to let it dry. Wait a few hours before next steps.
- To prep for painting, line board with washi tape.
- Paint the board.
- Once the paint has dried completely, remove the washi tape and prep the board for writing by rubbing it with chalk.
- Wipe board with a wet paper towel then dry paper towel.
- Chalkboard paint is not food safe, so be sure to put down wax paper when serving food.
- This tray is for serving purposes, and is not recommended to be used in place of a cutting board. We recommend cutting your food on a separate surface, then transferring it to this tray for an extra cute serving display.
- If you use chalk marker, it is less likely to fully erase. But don’t worry, you can always touch it up with your chalkboard paint!
About our crafting partner: Gild Collective is like Pinterest in party form. They make it easy for women to gather for a craft night by providing beautiful DIY project supply kits and great photo and video instruction.