Drunken Pasta With Red Wine Will Become Your New Favorite Dish
Any recipe that involves wine is a winner.
I just love cooking with wine. For deglazing or creating a sauce, the good stuff adds a flavor you can’t get anywhere else. This Drunken Pasta recipe is a new way to use wine when you cook. The red wine gives your pasta a beautiful deep red color, and the flavor in this dish is out of this world.
Serve this pasta dish for dinner with a simple garnish of Parmesan and parsley. You’ll adore the spicy and garlicky kick—this meal certainly doesn’t lack spice! Layer on the wine with a glass to wash it all down.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, cut into 3 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon red hot chili pepper
- 1-1/2 cups red wine
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, garlic and chili pepper on low heat.
- Gently cook about 5 minutes, being careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Remove the garlic and add the red wine. Increase the heat to medium.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for only about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and add to the skillet, tossing in the wine with tongs until wine is absorbed and pasta is cooked, about 2 more minutes. Test pasta for doneness.
- Taste for salt and add what you feel it needs.
- Toss with the cheese and parsley and serve.
Written by Tijani Jackson and originally published on Shared.