Have A Sweet Story Of Love And Doughnuts? Dunkin’ Donuts Might Send You To Hawaii
No purchase is necessary, but you only have until Feb. 16 to enter!
Your love of coffee and doughnuts could earn you a free trip.
To celebrate the season of love, Dunkin’ Donuts is asking to hear sweet stories from doughnut-loving pairs. The person that impresses the coffee chain most will win a trip to Hawaii or pretty much any place in the United States they’d like to visit!
Now through Feb. 15, just share the details of your love story that involves Dunkin’ Donuts on Instagram using the hashtag “#DDLoveContest” for a chance to win. The grand prize winner will receive a trip for two to any city in the country that has a Dunkin’ Donuts location. Given the fact the company has about 9,000 locations in the U.S., it should be easy to find somewhere to visit.
And don’t worry if you aren’t in a relationship because Dunkin’ Donuts isn’t discriminating against single people! On its contest page, the company makes it clear that “whether it’s a significant other, a friend or a family member,” any story of two people united by their love of Dunkin’ Donuts will be eligible to win.
There were only about 70 Instagram posts using the #DDLoveContest hashtag at the time this story was written, so if you’ve got an sweet story, you might have a real shot at winning! But fair warning, your story better be good because some of the entries are already pretty darn impressive.
Like this couple who served Dunkin’ Donuts to guests at their wedding:
Or this couple who met while working at Dunkin’ Donuts, then got their engagement pictures taken 11 years later with—you guessed it—doughnuts and coffee! Instagram user raleo111 says they literally have Dunkin’ Donuts to thank for their relationship and included the hashtag “#SponsorOurWedding?”
We met working at our first job at @dunkindonuts in high school. Fast-forward 11 years later, we are engaged and getting married this year! We literally have Dunkin Donuts to thank for our relationship. #ddlovecontest #sponsorourwedding? We wanted to share some of our favorite memories: #meattrays #FIFO #servesafe #hashbrowns #frenchvanillaextraextra #hotoriced #sweepymoppy
Dunkin’ Donuts says the contest’s judges will decide the winner based on the following criteria: originality/creativity (25 percent), adherence to contest theme (25 percent) and overall appeal (50 percent). In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged solely on overall appeal, so be sure to make them feel all the love!
Don’t have a love story to share? You can still celebrate Valentine’s Day with the bakery chain’s special heart-shaped doughnuts. With flavors like Vanilla Truffle, Brownie Batter Crumble and Cupid’s Choice—which is filled with Bavarian crème and frosted with strawberry-flavored icing—at least your taste buds will be in paradise!
Who says your devotion to baked goods never paid off?