Baked Apple Pie Roll-Ups Are The Easiest Way To Enjoy An American Classic
This recipe helps you satisfy your apple pie cravings without all the fuss.
Apple pie is an American classic, but it’s not exactly the easiest thing to make. Luckily, if you’re a fan of the dessert, there’s an easier way to enjoy its taste without having to go through the labor.
These apple pie roll ups are not only simple to make, but since they only call for low-cost ingredients, they won’t break the bank either. Plus, they’re perfect for sharing with friends and family—no slicing and dividing needed.
These apple pie roll ups use canned apple pie filling, but if you are feeling more ambitious, you can make your own filling at home.
Here’s how to make these apple pie roll ups, so you don’t have to stress about attempting a full-blown pie:
- 10 slices white bread
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the crusts off of your bread slices.
3. Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread so it can be easily rolled.
4. Before adding your pie filling to the roll, make sure there aren’t larger chunks of apples. If there are, it’s best to cut them up a little bit adding them to the roll. Once you have smaller pieces that can be rolled nicely, put about 2 tablespoons worth of your pie filling into the flattened bread, and then start rolling.
5. Once all the rolls are prepared, dip them into the melted butter. When they are thoroughly coated, roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place your apple pie roll ups on top, seam-side down so they don’t unroll. Bake for 5 minutes or until they turn golden and crispy.
Serve these apple pile roll ups with a yummy caramel dip for an even sweeter treat.