When you’re pressed for time (and hate doing oodles of dishes), try making this easy and delicious Parmesan, chicken and bacon pasta recipe. Even the most novice chef can make this dish, and it will turn out delicious.
The eclectic mixture of Parmesan, bacon and seasonings turn chicken into an extra-tasty dinner that will make you want to craft a double recipe—just so you can have it again tomorrow. Kudos to Julia’s Album for sharing this delightful recipe with us!
- 10 oz penne pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 strips of bacon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped into medium cubes
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 & 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 & 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, boil pasta until tender. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook bacon thoroughly. Remove bacon and drain the fat.
- In same skillet, on high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chicken. Sprinkle in Italian seasoning and paprika. Cook 7-10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, remove chicken from the pan, slice into thin strips and keep chicken warm.
- In the empty pan, add:
- Chopped tomatoes
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 the bacon
- 1/2 of the chicken
- Add the half & half and bring to a slow boil for 1 minute
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet. Mix well.
- Add remaining bacon and chicken and 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Let simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring slowly.
- Top with remaining grated Parmesan & serve.
Want more amazing recipes like this one? Hop on over to Julia’s Album – she’s awesome!