Easy And Delicious Crock-Pot Maple Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Love cinnamon rolls? Us too. Especially this recipe, which can be made in a slow cooker.
It’s that time of the year when family and guests come over in abundance, and you always need to have food handy. One of my family’s favorite comfort foods is cinnamon rolls. Yours too? Then keep reading, you’re going to love this recipe.
Making rolls in a Crock-Pot is not only delicious, it allows you to free up your oven for baking such delights as egg muffins and french toast casseroles, or cooking huge amounts of bacon all at once. Plus, you reduce the risk of overcooking them, as the lower heat and extra ingredients below will male them as soft and delectable as can be.
Here’s the ooey-gooey recipe:
- (1) 12 oz tube of cinnamon rolls
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- raisins (optional)
- Line your slow cooker with parchment paper. You may need 2 sheets, crossed on top of other so you have the four ends sticking out above the cinnamon rolls (this is how you’ll pull out the finished product).
- Separate the rolls and place a layer of them on the bottom of your slow cooker; gently squish them in so you almost completely cover the bottom. Save the icing packets for later.
- Sprinkle on raisins (optional); push them down a little bit if needed so they stick into the dough.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, maple syrup, vanilla and spices until well blended.
- Pour evenly over the rolls in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours (you’ll know its finished when the sides are golden and center of the rolls is set). Note: Keep an eye on the Crock-Pot as they all cook at slightly different temperatures.
- Pull up on the parchment paper to remove the rolls from the crockpot, drizzle icing over top and serve immediately.
These rolls are so delicious and easy to make, you’ll no doubt be adding them to the list of unexpected recipes you can make in your slow cooker. From pizza to baked potatoes to Pumpkin Spice Lattes, the wonders of a Crock-Pot are pretty endless!