Easy Dinner Recipe: Ham And Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Don't settle for yet another boring old grilled chicken dinner.
Any time you stuff a chicken breast with something, it tastes pretty good. And if you have yet to add some flare to a generic chicken breast (dipping it in ketchup or BBQ sauce doesn’t count) then you need to try this easy recipe.
The best part? You can mix up the stuffing and customize it to your family’s favorite flavors. From ham and cheese to creamy spinach pesto, artichokes and mushrooms, pepperoni and cheese… the combinations are endless.
What’s your favorite stuffed chicken recipe? Share it with us on our Facebook page and we may just feature it in a future video!
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ham
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 egg whites
- ½ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cover baking sheet with tin foil. Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix cheese, ham, mustard and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side
- Open up the breast and place one-fourth of the filling in the center.
- Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and filling.
- Lightly beat egg whites with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Hold each chicken breast half together and dip in egg white, then dredge in breadcrumbs. (Discard the leftovers.)
- Place in breadcrumb covered chicken on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.