The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.
I’m finding myself buying more and more from Amazon these days. From home furnishings to groceries to pet supplies, I order almost everything on Amazon. The only problem is that because it’s so convenient, I wind up spending way more than I probably should.
I stumbled across a story from Business Insider that shows how to find out exactly how much you’ve spent on Amazon since opening your account. It’s pretty interesting (and a little depressing for me personally).
Note: This works best when using a laptop or a desktop computer. On the mobile version of the website, it’s a bit harder to find the “Download Order Reports” link. To access on your phone, go to your account and scroll to the bottom. You can then click on the “Amazon.com Full Site” link. This will let you follow the instructions below. I could not find a way to do it using the Amazon iPhone or Android app.
Here are the steps:
- Go to Amazon and login to your account account.
- On your account page, click on “Download Order Reports”.
- Select the start date as January 1st of the year you opened the account. If you don’t remember, just error on the side of an earlier year.
- Click the “Use today” for the end date.
- Click Request Report. Note: It may take a while to run the report, but Amazon email when it’s ready.
- After it’s downloaded, open the spreadsheet and then use the SUM function to total the order column. You can use a program like Excel or Google Sheets. The video below walks you through process.
Photo by theglobalpanorama