The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it can also be the most delicious. From bacon and eggs to more indulgent dishes like cinnamon rolls and pancakes, you really can’t go wrong when it comes to starting your day.
If pancakes are your go-to, but you’re looking for something a bit different from the usual boxed mix, you might want to try these flourless cinnamon banana pancakes. The recipe comes from Natalie Butler, a registered dietitian nutritionist and licensed dietitian who runs the blog Nutrition by Natalie.
They take just 15 minutes to make and you’ll end up with eight two-ounce pancakes. Each pancake has around 130 calories, 7.5 grams of carbs, 2.5 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein. These are some hearty hotcakes!
Take a look at the full recipe below:
Flourless Cinnamon Banana Pancakes
• 2 eggs, beaten (or substitute 2 chia or flax eggs)
• 1/3 cup SuperFat Macadamia and Almond or Cacao Coconut nut butter
• 2 ripe bananas, mashed
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
• 1/2 cup low-fat or nonfat plain Greek yogurt
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil (for pan)
• Splash of plant-based milk to batter if needed to thin
• Optional: add 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup to batter for extra sweetness
1. Mix wet ingredients together well, then add dry ingredients and mix. Batter should remain lumpy. Do not re-stir after it sits — otherwise the pancakes will not be
2. Add 1 teaspoon coconut oil to a griddle set to medium-high.
3. Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle, placing as many as you can fit on the pan.
4. Cook 3-4 minutes on first side, flip, then cook another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Re-oil pan before cooking rest of batter. Serve warm.
If you’re looking for something with cinnamon, but more decadent, check out these cinnamon roll pancakes instead. The recipe calls for plenty of cinnamon and all the usual ingredients for homemade pancakes, plus cream cheese and vanilla extract for the frosting. Yum!
Will you be making Nutrition by Natalie‘s flourless cinnamon banana pancakes for your next weekend breakfast treat?