Found! Cookie Monster’s Famous Cookie Dough Recipe
Your favorite cookie-loving monster has his very own cookie dough recipe.
The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.
As we all know, Cookie Monster loves cookies. The “Sesame Street” character has quite the reputation for gobbling every cookie in sight. But have you ever wondered what type of cookie Cookie Monster most enjoys baking?
If this recipe is any indication, our big blue monster friend’s favorite cookie to bake may start with a plain old sugar cookie base. This recipe for Cookie Monster’s Famous Cookie Dough appeared in Big Bird’s Busy Book (which you can find used on Amazon) in the 1970s. The book featured a number of different recipes.
Thanks to The Kitchn, Cookie’s classic sugar cookie recipe has resurfaced for us to enjoy.
Cookie Monster should add one more phrase to his infamous refrain:
“Me want cookie!
Me eat cookie!
Me bake cookie!”
Here are the instructions:
Cookie Monster’s Famous Cookie Dough Recipe
What you’ll need:
3/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking flour
1 teaspoon salt
Medium-sized mixing bowl
Measuring cup and spoon
- Put 3/4 cup of butter or margarine (that’s a stick and a half) into your mixing bowl.
- Measure 1 cup of sugar.
- Pour sugar over butter.
- With fork, squash butter and sugar together until they are blended.
- Crack shells of two eggs and pour eggs over mixture in bowl.
- Measure 1 teaspoon vanilla and pour over mixture.
- With fork, blend everything in the bowl together.
- Measure 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and pour over mixture in bowl.
- Measure 1 teaspoon baking powder and sprinkle over flour.
- Measure 1 teaspoon of salt and sprinkle over flour and baking powder.
- Mix everything together either with the fork or with your hands.
- Put dough in icebox to chill (at least one hour)
Per The Kitchen: “There are no instructions for baking from this print, but a quick search for others’ experiences with the recipe and recommendations say to roll out cookies 1/4 inch thick, sprinkle with sugar, and bake at 400 degrees.”
As you’re waiting for these delicious cookie to bake remember one thing Cookie Monster taught us: “Me want cookie, but me wait.”
Looking to kick these sugar cookies up a notch? Check out the recipe for these awesome Cookie Monster cookies from In Katrina’s Kitchen that include almond buttercream frosting as fur, white chocolate disks with M&Ms for eyes and a halved chocolate chip cookie for a mouth. Mmmm.
Seems like these would definitely be Cookie Monster-approved.