The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.
This just in – Amazon is dropping it’s Prime membership from $99 to $73. Refinery 29 reports that the savings start at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time today (Friday, January 15th) and end Sunday, January 17th at 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time.
But why are they dropping the price? Business Insider shared that Amazon is celebrating its Golden Globe win for their original series, “Mozart in the Jungle.” The $73 comes in because it was the 73rd annual Golden Globes.
If you don’t already have a Prime membership, this $26 savings is great news. I personally LOVE my Prime membership.They sell almost everything (over 20 million items, to be exact) – so I spend less time driving around, hunting for a parking spot, and waiting in checkout lines. Here’s some other great reasons why I choose to renew my membership every year:
- Free two-day shipping to my door.
- I can share some of my Prime perks with someone else – yes, it’s true!
- Unlimited storage for my family’s photos.
- Free streaming on thousands of TV shows, movies and songs.
- Free access to over 500,000 ebooks.
- Early admission to Amazon’s Lightning Deals.
Do you think it’s a good deal? Share your thoughts with me on our Facebook page.