I was able to purchase a few materials at my local craft and hardware store and make mine for about $15. Because I like to work quickly, I feel the most challenging part was wrapping the string around the little nails. It definitely requires patience, but the effort is totally worth it!
If you’re looking to have some fun, or make budget friendly (and unique) gifts, try making string art!
- Wood board, at least 3/4″ thick
- Small mirror (about 3″ in diameter)
- Hot glue gun
- 1 ½” finishing nails
- A hammer
- A sunburst template printed on paper (you can save the one we used below)
- String (any color)
- Lay paper template on board.
- Using the finishing nails, nail the pattern through paper template.
- One you’ve hammered in all your nails, remove paper template by simply ripping it off.
- Double knot string to one nail. Trim excess string.
- Keep string taut and start wrapping around nails, being careful not to cross over any negative space (where the mirror will be in the center).
- Finish by tying a double knot to a nail.
- Trim excess string.
- Hot glue mirror into center of sunburst.
- Add a picture hook on the back and hang on your wall (optional).
Pin it for later: