Here’s How To Make Amazing Caramel Apple Nachos
This recipe for caramel apple nachos will throw regular nachos out the window! Simply trade the tortilla chips for apples, a much healthier bottom layer. Then ditch the cheese and sour cream for a whole lot of deliciousness!
Appetizer? Dessert? Doesn’t really matter…this is a dish that can be enjoyed during any meal, or as a snack. Watch the video for step-by-step instructions.
- 3-4 granny smith apples
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup chocolate sauce
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup caramel chips, not melted
- Two Kit Kat Bars (tip: put Kit Kat bars in the freezer)
Things You’ll Need
- Serving plate
- Microwave—safe bowls for melting
- Spoons for drizzling
- Rolling pin
What To Do
- Start by slicing your apples into eight to ten pieces.
- Arrange your apple slices into a fun spiral or layered pattern on the plate.
- Crush your Kit Kat bars into tiny pieces. Put the bars into a plastic bag and use the rolling pin to break them up. You can also use a meat hammer if you don’t have a rolling pin handy. By the way, using frozen Kit Kat bars will prevent you from ruining the chocolate layers! Set Kit Kat pieces aside.
- Sprinkle the caramel chips over the apples (these are not melted).
- Place your white chocolate chips in a microwave—safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals until melted and drizzle lightly over the apples.
- Grab your microwave—safe bowl again. This time mix your chocolate sauce with 1 tsp of water to thin it out. Stir and microwave for 15 second intervals until melted. The consistency should be optimal for drizzling. Add to your apple nachos.
- Repeat the previous step using the caramel sauce. Add 1 tsp of water to thin it out, stir and microwave until the consistency is perfect for drizzling.
- Last layer! Grab those Kit Kats and sprinkle them over the entire platter. You can add Kits Kats before drizzling the chocolate and caramel sauces if you wish.
Chow down! Trust me, you’ll never wish for chicken or beef nachos ever again!