Here’s How To Make Delicious Nutella-Stuffed Pancakes (Video)
The whole family will love this treat!
Ah, there’s nothing like freshly made pancakes in the morning. Actually—there is something better. Here come Nutella-stuffed pancakes, the most epic breakfast food (or dessert for anytime, really). All you need to do is freeze some Nutella discs, and make some regular pancakes with—you guessed it—Nutella stuffed in the middle. These pancakes are absolutely scrumptious! Don’t forget a glass of milk to wash it all down.
For the dry ingredients
- 10 – 14 tablespoons Nutella
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
For the wet ingredients
- 1 egg
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp milk (I used low fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 tsp butter, separated (2 x ½ tsp)
- Sliced strawberries (optional)
- For the frozen Nutella discs, line a baking tray with baking paper (parchment paper).
- Dollop 1½ to 2 tablespoon of Nutella onto the baking tray and spread into a disc around 2 ½” in diameter. Repeat to make 7 discs.
- Place the tray in the freezer until firm. Peel off the parchment paper. Keep the Nutella discs in the freezer until required (they soften quickly).
- For the pancakes, place the dryiIngredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the center and place the wet ingredients in the well.
- Whisk until combined and lump-free (stop whisking as soon as it is smooth, don’t over-whisk).
- Melt a ½ teaspoon butter in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat.
- Once melted, wipe most of the butter off with a paper towel.
- Take a frozen Nutella discs out of the freezer just before you start cooking.
- Dollop ¼ cup of batter into the fry pan.
- Working quickly, place 1 frozen Nutella disc in the middle of the batter, then top with batter to cover the Nutella disc.
- When bubbles start appearing around the edges (around 2 minutes), lift up the edge and make sure the underside is golden. Then flip and cook until the other side is golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Melt more butter in the pan after the 3rd or 4th pancake. You should be able to make 7 in total, but sometimes it makes 6 – depends on how much batter you use on top of the Nutella.
- Serve warm with sliced strawberries, if using.
Written by Tijani Jackson and originally published on Shared.