A homeless man saved two children from a burning house

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue/KTNV

Two children were rescued from a burning apartment by a homeless man, according to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue.

The fire happened around 11:33 a.m on Dec. 1. Officials say it started in the kitchen as a cooking fire.

According to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue on Twitter, 36-year-old Anival Angelo saw smoke coming from the door of the apartment and heard the two children crying. Despite being locked with a deadbolt, he was able to pull open the security door and save both children from the blaze.

The two children, who are 10 months old and 3 years old, were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. It is not believed that their lives are in danger.

Damage to the apartment is estimated at $50,000.

Reports at the scene indicate that the children were dropped off by their mother to their grandfather’s residence. The stove burst into flames while he was cooking fries and chicken, so he used a window to get outside.

The grandfather was apparently in the back of the apartment and couldn’t get to the front, which is where the children were.

Written by Bryce Riley for KTNV.

Entertainment, Good News, News

Related posts

baby Eden
Baby gets life-saving liver donation after distant cousin sees plea on social media
Emma Bassermann and Zoe Ireland-Meklensek
Teen girls, 13 and 14, save couple from riptide in Barbados
Maverick the dog with his handler and US service member
Meet Maverick, this year's winner of the American Humane Hero Dog Award
Firefighter adopts a baby he found in box outside his fire station

About the Author

From our partners