The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.
You spend 1/3 of your life on a mattress. But let’s face it, it’s not one of those things you think much about when it comes to cleaning. Unfortunately, your mattress can be full of sweat, dried skin, dust mites, and allergens. That’s why experts recommend cleaning your mattress at least twice a year.
The good news is that it’s pretty easy to clean your mattress. The video above by Clean My Space provides an overview of the steps to take to get that mattress in tip top shape.
- Vacuum the mattress using an upholstery attachment.
- Spot clean stains: Fresh protein stains can be removed by creating a paste made of salt, water, and baking soda. Cover the stain with the paste mixture and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Wipe off with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly with a hair dryer or a fan.
- Deodorize: Sift baking soda over the mattress. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then vacuum up with that upholstery attachment.
Some Other Tips:
- Avoid any water getting on your mattress. If you do, make sure to dry thoroughly as soon as possible.
- Flip your mattress occasionally so it wears evenly.
- Get a mattress protector. It’s one of the best investments you can make for your mattress. It’s a lot easier to take it off and throw in the washer than trying to get a stain out of the actual mattress. This is the best selling one on Amazon is hypoallergenic and waterproof.