Make These Decadent Keebler S’mores Bars Using Fudge Stripes Cookies
Yum! We can't wait to try this!
While I couldn’t be more excited that fall will be here soon, I am also trying hard not to rush the end of summer. That means using these last few weeks to squeeze in more ice cream, iced coffee and, of course, s’mores.
The recipe was created in collaboration with celebrity chef and actor David Burtka. Packed with s’mores flavors but with a twist, the bars combine Keebler Fudge Stripes cookies with traditional s’mores ingredients like graham crackers, toasted mini marshmallows and dark chocolate crumbles.
The final result is similar to a dessert lasagna, with multiple layers of the cookies, chocolate and marshmallows all baked together. Take a look at the full recipe from Keebler:
Keebler S’mores Cookie Bars
Prep time: 20 minutes. Serves 12.
- 1 package Keebler Fudge Stripes Cookies
- 1 sleeve Keebler graham crackers
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted, plus extra for greasing pan
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter a 9-by-13 baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- Place graham crackers into a plastic bag. Using a rolling pin, crush the graham crackers into coarse crumbs. In a medium-sized bowl, add graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Stir to combine. Pour buttered graham cracker crumbs out into prepared baking dish and press down with a spatula to evenly fill the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker base and even it out with a spatula. Place half of the Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies on top, distributing evenly throughout the pan. Scatter chocolate chips and 1 cup mini marshmallows evenly on top, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully add the rest of the mini marshmallows, so that they completely cover all the other layers. Return pan to oven and bake for 12 minutes more, until the marshmallows are golden brown and toasty. If you like your marshmallows extra dark, finish with 1 minute under the broiler on low or gently caramelize with a kitchen torch.
- Using the remaining Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies, gently press four rows of three cookies into the surface of the bars so that they stick up. Allow bars to cool before cutting into 12 servings.
If you’re looking for more s’more flavors, check out these peanut butter s’mores cookies or s’mores Rice Krispies treats. You can even drink your s’mores instead with this s’mores martini or take all the work of making something out with Hostess’ s’mores cupcakes filled with toasted marshmallow filling.
Or, if you want to try some similar style recipes that aren’t s’more-flavored, check out this recipe for peanut butter dessert lasagna. And once you’re ready to officially say goodbye to summer, you might want to try this pumpkin cheesecake lasagna or this hot chocolate lasagna.
Do you have a favorite s’mores recipe?