Homemade putty and the sweet, calming scent of lavender! Apparently that’s all you need to take the edge off your day. People are going crazy for this anti-stress lavender putty that includes a hint of sparkle. This DIY project covers three of the senses: sight, smell and touch. It’s a pretty shade of purple and has a lovely glittery sparkle. And the soft dough is downright addicting after a long day at the office.
Then there’s the lavender scent. Did you know there’s research proving the scent of lavender can help you relax? It can lower your heart rate and blood pressure, even making you a little drowsy. Perfect for an anti-stress ball!
Here’s how to make your own anti-stress lavender putty. Watch the video instructions above for a little help. Even the music in the video will help you feel relaxed!
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 3 tbsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 10 to 20 drops of lavender essential oil
- Purple food coloring (or another color that calms you)
- Glitter (optional)
Here’s What To Do
- Combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil, boiling water and lavender essential oil in a mixing bowl. Stir until mix is a putty-like texture.
- Add the purple food coloring and stir again.
- The best part! Add glitter to your mixture. If you choose not to add glitter, you may need to add more flour so the mixture isn’t too sticky.
- Wait about 20 minutes until your putty is cool.
- Squeeze and let your anxiety disappear!
- Don’t forget to take deep breathes.
If you’re stressed out, give it a go. Remember, stress can cause health problems, including weight gain and hypertension. Try it out for yourself and make the most tense moments of your day feel like you’re at the spa!
Click here for 15 more ways to manage stress.