How To Make Cheesy, Colorful Stuffed Bell Peppers
Not only are these stuffed peppers delicious, they're easy to put together.
Whenever you can eat a meal served in an edible vessel, you know it’s going to be a good day.
Not only are these stuffed bell peppers delicious and easy to make, they’re pretty to look at, too. The bright red, green, orange and yellow hues make this dish a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach.
- 3/4 cup brown rice, cooked
- 3 large peppers, tops cut off and insides cleaned out
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup corn
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- While the oven is heating up, cook the brown rice according to the package directions.
- At the same time, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, which should take roughly three minutes.
- Next, add the garlic and the jalapeno pepper and cook for another two minutes. Stir in the beans and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the cooked rice, corn, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir until the ingredients are combined.
- Now that your filling is complete, line a 9″x9″ baking dish with foil or coat it with cooking spray. Fill each pepper with the stuffing mixture until it’s about half full, then top with cheese and cilantro.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese, gets melty and delicious. Top with additional cilantro and dig in!
Other variations of this recipe include chicken and mushrooms, which Heidi Larsen from the blog Foodie Crush describes as the ultimate comfort food. You can also make these with couscous and baby kale using this recipe from Love and Lemons or with Gorgonzola and sausage risotto using this recipe from The Brooklyn Ragazza.
There are so many delicious ways to stuff a bell pepper you’re sure to find a recipe your entire family will love!