How To Make Your Own DIY Bangle Bracelets [Video]
How cute are these? And so easy to make!
Making your own jewelry at home is a great way to not only create unique pieces but save money on accessories that you like. You don’t need to be an expert crafter or jeweler to create cute and sophisticated jewelry—you just need a few supplies, some patience and a bit of creativity.
Bangle bracelets have been trendy for quite some time now, and they’re a great piece of jewelry to have, as they can easily be used to dress up or down. To make your own, you just need brass cuffs, embroidery thread, rhinestones, glue and scissors—it’s that simple. People will be impressed when they find out you made these bracelets yourself!
Here’s how to make your own DIY bangle bracelet at home:
- 3 brass cuffs
- 3 1⁄4” thick ombre embroidery threads in either blue or pink shades
- 15 marquise matte rhinestones in gold settings
- E6000 glue
1. Put a small dollop of glue on the inner end of one of your cuffs, about 1/3-inch from the end.
2. Begin wrapping your lightest color thread around the cuff, covering the dollop of glue.
3. Continue wrapping the string around the bangle, smoothing it and checking coverage as you go.
4. Stop wrapping the thread when you are almost1/3-inch from the other end. Place another small dollop of glue on the inner end of the cuff and finish wrapping the thread around the glue.
5. Decide on the placement of your gemstones (we recommend about 35 stones per bangle, but you can put on as few or many as you’d like). Next, apply a small dollop of glue to the back of the first stone.
6. Place it firmly onto the front side of the cuff in the placement you chose. Wipe off any excess glue.
7. Continue placing the stones until you have finished your design.
8. When finished, let the design dry for 20-30 minutes.
9. Repeat steps 1 through 7 with your other two bangles, each in a darker tone of thread.
10. Once your design has set for 20-30 minutes, cut off your excess thread.
That’s it, you’re finished! We recommend letting your design dry overnight before wearing it.