How To Make A New Picture Frame Out Of Old CD Cases
Those 90s albums weren’t a total waste, right?
You are about to be amazed by a cool craft idea that gives your old CDs a purpose once again. At least the cases (you can ditch the CDs). You’ll also have to get rid of those album covers with photos of Justin Timberlake (sorry). Come on, they’re just collecting dust anyway!
What’s really great is that all you need for this craft is a few empty CD cases, some glue and your favorite photos!
Read the instructions below and follow along with this craft video we put together for you.
What You’ll Need
- CD Cases (you will need four per frame)
- 5×7 photos or scrapbook paper. You can use just photos or mix in some paper with special designs.
- Hot glue gun (or another craft glue that works well with plastic)
- First, take out the CDs and CD covers.
- Next, use one of the cover photos from the CD cases to trace the photos you wish to insert into the frame, then cut them down to size. Put those off to the side.
- Using a hot glue gun, attach the spine of each case to another case forming a square. Be mindful that the covers of the CD cases open outward. That way you can insert your photos and change them in the future if you wish.
- Once the glue dries, add your photos and you’re done!
What a great DIY gift idea for friends and family this holiday season. With just 20 old CDs, you can check five people off your list. Or keep them for yourself and show off those great family photos!