The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.
This is such a cute and easy craft. It is perfect for any patriotic Holiday and will look great on your front porch or in your house. Because it only involves a little spray paint, a hole punch and some glue, set up a drop cloth and let your kids go to town.
- Clothespins (about 75)
- Satin spray paint – red, white & blue
- Ivory or white card stock paper
- Star hole punch
- Glue or tacky glue
- Hot glue gun
- White ribbon (1-1.5″ thick)
- 12″ wire wreath
- Paint wire wreath white.
- Spray paint clothespins red & white (about 25 each).
- Spray paint clothespins blue (about 20).
- Punch out 100 white stars w/ star punch.
- When blue paint is dry, glue 5 stars to the front of each blue clothespin.
- Attach clothespins according to instructions in the video.
- Use 5 red, then alternate to 5 white; repeat so there’s 5 sets of red & white.
- Affix blue/star clothespins in remaining space on wire wreath
- Cut & tie ribbon to back of the wreath. Hang wherever you’d like!
*Note* I ordered the clothespins off Amazon. They came clipped to little cardboard strips. I left them on the strips to paint one side. When that side was dry, I was easily able to flip over and paint the other side.
For best results, do two coats, and be careful to get on the insides of the clothes pins as well so the natural wood doesn’t peek through.