Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nugget And Sauce Recipe
Chick-Fil-A makes a great chicken nugget. It’s probably my favorite fast food option when I’m traveling and it’s always the one fast food that I crave when I haven’t had it for a while.
The good news is that Passion For Savings has created a recipe that replicates those tasty nuggets so you can make them at home and save a little money.
This would be perfect for Super Bowl parties, kid’s lunches, or a fun appetizer.
- 1/2 cup Ken’s Steakhouse Honey Mustard Dressing (or another honey mustard dressing)
- 1 tsp Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Peanut Oil
- To make the sauce, combine the honey mustard dressing, BBQ sauce, vinegar and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bite size nuggets and place them in a zip-lock bag with the pickle juice. Shake up and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Combine egg and milk into a large bowl.
- Drain the pickle juice from the chicken and add to the chicken to the egg/milk mixture in the bowl. Toss to ensure all the pieces are coated.
- In a zip-lock bag, combine flour, powered sugar, paprika, salt, and pepper and shake well to mix.
- Add chicken to the bag and shake to get the chicken coated.
- Heat oil on medium heat (to about 375)
- Cook the chicken in oil until there is a golden crispy crust (around 3-4 minutes)
- Remove chicken and drain the excess grease on paper towels.
Be sure to checkout the Passion For Savings website. They have a lot of amazing deals, coupons, and some really fun recipes.