19 Parenting Hacks That Will Make Life Easier And More Fun
We all have that friend that has an idea about how to do everything better. She’s the one that uses her pizza cutter to cut everything from pancakes to quesadillas, and can use a baby wrap to whip up an under the table hammock.
Now you can be the one in the know – check out these tips and be the expert. Parenting is hard – really hard, but these ideas can make life just a little easier. Give yourself a break and a laugh with these 19 parenting hacks.
1. Tiny toys can get icky – especially Legos. Clean them in your washer using a mesh bag.
2. Get your kids to dream big, and more importantly go to bed with these awesome duvet covers.
Astronaut Duvet Cover, $79.99
Princess Duvet Cover, $79.99
3. Martha Stewart recommends to use a shoe organizer to keep your car clean and distractions right at your tot’s fingertips.
4. Stop the drips. Use a muffin liner to catch the juice from melting pops.
5. Put an end to scary monsters at night. Arm your kiddos with “Monster Spray” and sleep happy.
6. A Reddit user advises to keep bath toys within an arm’s reach by containing tot and toys in an old laundry basket.
7. Freeze a Capri Sun, cut the top off and dig into a cool, yummy slushy.
8. Cut a sticker in half, place inside your kids shoes and help keep them on the correct feet.
9. Better than Pants has an adorable onesie that allows your child to mop your floors while crawling around.
10. Use to-go sauce containers to keep pacifiers clean. Thanks for hte tip, Lala!
Jello-Shot Cups with Lids, $7.65
11. Use your hot glue gun to block the holes in bath toys and avoid yucky mold.
12. A fitted sheet at the beach keeps the sand out (or at least helps minimize it).
13. Road trip this summer? Lookie What I Did says to grab plastic shower caddies from the dollar store to make eating on the road much easier and cleaner.
Small Utility Caddy, $10.28
14. Add Jell-o to your homemade Popsicle recipe and avoid the sticky drips.
15. Create a cardholder for kids using an old egg carton.
16. Use old lotion bottles to make an easy water balloon pump.
17. Put a cut foam noodle on the door to keep it from slamming shut and pinching fingers.
18. Prevent kids from over-squeezing juice boxes by using the triangle flaps as handles.
19. Turn stairs into a fun slide with a really large cardboard box.
We were not paid to write this story. The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.