Here’s A Delicious Peppermint Sweet & Saltines Recipe
So I made this recipe for a recent Holiday party and let me tell you, it is the bomb!
An adaptation of Trisha Yearwood’s “Sweet and Saltines” recipe, I add crushed peppermints for a little Holiday spirit. Watch our how-to video and follow the steps below to make this delicious treat!
- 1 sleeve saltines
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 bags chocolate ships
- 1/2 cup peppermints, whole
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put peppermints into a zippered bag, crush with rolling pin.
- Line baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Arrange the saltines (salt-side down) in a single layer on the tray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar together and boil until it turns a caramel color, a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the crackers, covering them evenly.
- Put the jelly-roll pan into the oven and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just bubbly, watching carefully.
- Remove from the oven and pour the chocolate chips over the crackers.
- When the chips melt a bit, spread them over the crackers with a knife.
- Sprinkle peppermint topping
- Transfer the pan to the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely cold. This will form one big sheet.
- Break up into pieces. Store in an airtight container.