Shepherd’s Pie Potatoes Are A New Take On A Classic Comfort Food
Everyone will love these!
Here’s an idea for dinner: a fun twist on the classic comfort favorite we all know and love….Shepherd’s Pie Potatoes! These tasty, buttery, melt in your mouth potatoes will have your entire family coming back for seconds. A quick and easy recipe great for any night of a busy week – give them a try tonight!
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 cups frozen veggie mix
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- Salt to taste
- Over high heat in a large pan add beef, onion and garlic; cook until beef is browned and onions have softened.
- Sprinkle flour over top and stir.
- Add veggies, broth, salt, thyme and oregano. Reduce heat to medium and stir until sauce thickens; remove from heat and set aside.
- Poke potatoes with fork and microwave for 10 min, flipping them halfway.
- When cooked, cut off the tops and remove the insides into a bowl; add cream, chives and butter; mash until combined.
- Place hollowed potatoes in an oven safe dish and fill to the top with meat mixture. Pipe or spoon mash on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees until the tops are nice and golden.
- Serve immediately!
Watch how to make it here:
A twist on a classic! Get the full recipe here: http://bit.ly/2EYFbih
Posted by Simplemost on Friday, January 5, 2018
Written by Amanda and originally published on Shared.