A Homeless Man Saved Two Children From A Burning House

Two children were rescued from a burning apartment by a homeless man, according to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue.

The fire happened around 11:33 a.m on Dec. 1. Officials say it started in the kitchen as a cooking fire.

According to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue on Twitter, 36-year-old Anival Angelo saw smoke coming from the door of the apartment and heard the two children crying. Despite being locked with a deadbolt, he was able to pull open the security door and save both children from the blaze.

The two children, who are 10 months old and 3 years old, were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. It is not believed that their lives are in danger.

Damage to the apartment is estimated at $50,000.

Reports at the scene indicate that the children were dropped off by their mother to their grandfather’s residence. The stove burst into flames while he was cooking fries and chicken, so he used a window to get outside.

The grandfather was apparently in the back of the apartment and couldn’t get to the front, which is where the children were.

Written by Bryce Riley for KTNV.

deer rescued water

Fishermen Make An Unbelievable Rescue Of A Deer Swimming Six Miles From Shore

A bunch of men fishing the Long Island Sound waters between Connecticut and New York made an unbelievable catch recently.

Rob Kurdy and some friends were returning from shark fishing when they noticed a strange fish swimming in the water about six miles from shore. They soon realized it was a deer not a fish, and that it was struggling.

“You could see it shivering. It’s barely staying afloat,” Kurdy said. “It’s kind of just going in circles.” The water was an estimated 58 degrees.

The men tossed a rope around the deer’s antler and secured him next to the boat in order to transport him back to shore. The boat couldn’t get too close to shore, so Kurdy put on a lifejacket and swam the deer in the rest of the way. Once on shore, local residents brought out blankets to help warm the deer, who lied there for about three hours before warming up enough to stand and eventually go off on his own.

Is this an incredible story or what?