WhatsUpMoms share some awesome tips and hacks to make your trips to the grocery store a little less stressful and more productive.
- Park closest to the shopping cart return, this will make it easier when you’re ready to get out of the parking lot ASAP.
- Cover the dirty handle bar with a pool noodle so kids don’t put their mouth on it.
- Stick to the perimeter of the store to avoid snacks & sweets.
- Most butchers will cut individual portion sizes and wrap them for freezing – simply ask!
- When your cart is getting full, tie your purse or re-usable bag to the cart’s handle using a produce bag for instantly more storage space.
- Playing with a twisty tie is a great way to keep kids entertained while you’re shopping (caution: don’t give this to toddlers, for they may try to eat it).
- Pack a cheerio necklace for your kids to munch on so they don’t have a meltdown when they see their favorite snack in the store.
- The fast-checkout lane takes just as long as the regular lane.
- Ask your bagger to pack frozen and refrigerated items in the same bags, this makes for easier sorting and putting-away when you get home.
- For easier unloading, put your grocery bags in a laundry basket and carry them in all at once.
- When loading up the fridge, have a bin dedicated to food that is expiring soon so it is eaten first.
- Use binder clips to hang vegetable bags in the freezer – this helps save space & avoid freezer burn.
What tips do you have? Share them with us on our Facebook page!