Razor blades. Almost every American has them in their bathroom and shower. From men’s to women’s razors, there are many different styles and types of blades.
And buying razors can get expensive. I personally don’t swap out my blades too often (about once a month) but I know some men and women that dispose their cartridges every week.
If you want to save money by extending the life of your razor as long as possible (like me) try these three methods.
Method #1: Blue Jeans
This method will help remove nicks and imperfections from the blade, as well as dry it.
- Stroke razor 10-20x down the leg of blue jeans.
- Reverse direction and stroke 10-20x up the leg of blue jeans.
Method #2: Dry & Dip in Oil
This method helps prevent corrosion and provides the blades with a protective barrier against moisture lingering in your bathroom.
- Pat razor dry with a towel.
- Dip in mineral oil; gently blot off excess.
Method #3: Properly Dry
Short, simple and sweet. Removing moisture form the blades helps prevent corrosion.
- Shake off excess water; pat (don’t rub) with a towel until dry.
- You can also use a hairdryer.
You can watch our simple how-to video below: