Here’s The Best Way To Freeze Ground Meat
Good to know!
If you’re like me, when ground meat goes on sale, you tend to stock up and throw it in the freezer. The only problem with this approach is that when you want to make a meal and don’t need to use a whole package, you still wind up having to thawing it all out. It seems more often than not, I find myself in this frustrating situation.
Fortunately, I found this really slick trick that serves two purposes:
- It distributes the meat, making it thinner for quick defrosting.
- It divides the meat into portions for easy removal using just one bag.
Here are the steps from the video:
- Put the meat in a freezer bag
- Using a bottle of wine or rolling pin, go over the bag to spread the meat out evenly
- Using chopsticks or a back of a knife, divide the meat into sections
- Then freeze
When you need some meat you just open the bag and the sections will easily break apart.