Think about your daily routine. There are probably a few pointless actions you incorporate into your day, maybe without even realizing it.
These things have absolutely no purpose or benefit, yet you find yourself doing them anyway. How many do you do on a daily basis?
1. Stopping the Microwave Before it Beeps
When we heat up our leftovers, plenty of us will make it a challenge to see if we can stop the microwave before the timer counts down to zero. I guess we’ll do anything not to hear its dreaded beeping noise—but it’s pretty pointless if you think about it.
2. Pushing The Walk Button A Million Times
Pushing it more won’t make the stoplight change any faster, yet we’re still guilty of pushing it many times anyway. Just to be sure.
3. Checking Behind The Shower Curtain Before You Shower
4. Turning Down The Radio In The Car When We’re Lost
The volume of the music in our car won’t make us any less lost than we already are, yet we insist on turning it down when looking for an address.
5. Closing Facebook, and Immediately Opening it Again
We’re all totally guilty of browsing Facebook on our phones, closing out of the app and (subconsciously) getting right back on Facebook.
6. Saving A Document Over and Over Again
For all those out there who are paranoid and save their work again and again, it may pointless—but better safe than sorry.
7. Click The Tongs Before You Use Them
You know very well that your tongs will work, but you’ve got to give them a few test clicks beforehand just to make sure.
8. Checking the Fridge Again in Case Any New Food Has Appeared
When you’re hungry and you can’t find any food in the fridge, you might as well check one more time just in case something new has magically appeared.
9. Locking Your Car After You Know It’s Already Locked
You know that you’ve already clicked the lock button and heard your car beep to signify that it’s locked, but you might as well push it ten more times, because why not?
10. Hitting ‘Clear’ On A Calculator Over and Over Again
Even though the calculator probably cleared the first time you pushed “clear,” it’s probably a good idea to push it again—just in case.